Friday, November 9, 2012

Catching you up on my life...

Hey hey to the people that read this blog.  My life isn't that exciting or tough here.  I've just been busy running around at work and doing work related things and running the corniche and working out.

Grande Starbucks Americano and 3 Doors Down "It's Not my Time".  A winning combination!


 It's just become frustrating trying to figure out my exit date from this joint.  One person tells me it's in early June, another tells me August.  I kinda want it to be August, not because I love it here or anything, but it makes me more money and gets me closer to tax-free status which I intend to spend in Calabria.


I have no idea.  Stone Christmas tree?  Not likely here...

Yes, Marilee, they have your makeup here!
It really hasn't been that exciting around here.  I wish I had a ton of crap to write.  I just don't.  I've learned the importance of malls, though.  Air conditioning.  That's all.

So today after about a 2.85 mile run, I came back to Aba Zabba and cooled down, showered, and got dressed in light clothing and went for another walk with my Umbro backpack and my iphone with headphones plugged in listening to Spotify.

Didn't realize how far I had really walked until I got to Abu Dhabi Mall.  That's one big horkin' mall!  I found a ethernet over power set with wireless on one end so that I could have all of my wireless crap set up in my room and didn't have to worry about the thick concrete walls stopping the signal.  It works wonderfully!


The biggest pisser was the treatment we got at our own embassy.  I was already disappointed with the election outcome, and getting treated like shit by a third country national at my own embassy was the cherry on the f'in whip cream.  In my own words:  Well, you can click on the video and hear me rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment