Friday, November 2, 2012

Last Week

Come on, Toshi!
Wow.  Busy week, man.  As most of you know, I was sick two days out of a four-day work week.  That would normally be cool, but there is nothing to do around here when you're sick.  TV is shit.  Radio is boring pop crap.  And when you've found the end of the internet...well those of you who have made that sad discovery know what I'm talking about.

So I worked the last day of the week.  Half of that was spent gloriously out of the office setting up my overseas bank account.  Still can't get my ATM card to work, but since it's a Friday (Muslim Sunday), I can't get to a bank.  I'll fix it tomorrow.

All you CAN eat.  They force feed you the rest...
Went for sushi at Toshi, a restaurant in a posh hotel.  About $50 for all of the booze, sushi, and teppan-yaki you can hold.  Had a few beers and went to the hotel English pub (they all have at least one).  Had a beer there and convinced them we needed to head for home and get some sleep.  All love saying what a "sausage fest" it is in the clubs around here.  What did they expect?  Girls tops flying off at 10?  It's the UAE, not Vegas.

Today I had a late lunch with our deputy.  I was enlightened about things to say the least. 



Another "British" pub...

That's it.  Ran, worked out, and slept and went to work.  If they'd just put a damn Starbucks closer, I'd be there all of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment